Saturday, August 9, 2014

In Review: Kindle Unlimited – and why the Amazon “flat rate” for me no … – Mobilegeeks

There are benefits in the longer term to be in the United States. One of them: You have to test purposes to Kindle Unlimited, the “flat rate” from Amazon, which was gelaunched last week on Friday. I have looked Unlimited times and compared with my reading habits. To anticipate the same: For me the offer in its current form is useless

Amazon its customers in the United States for $ 9.99 a month unlimited access to over 600,000 Kindle books. In addition, 2,000 audiobooks refine the offer. Sounds so far so not bad. Here in the United States is the talk of the “Netflix for books,” I say rather “Spotify for Books”

Amazon Kindle Unlimited was launched.

Currently, the offer only applies in the United States. Amazon writes:

We’re sorry. Kindle Unlimited is currently only available for U.S. customers. Please visit us again When it is available in your country.

to be

There is the advantage here in the USA. The staff here know someone who knows one. So here’s my first impression of Kindle Unlimited:

 Kindle Unlimited on the product page in the test: the Amazon Flatrate f & # xFC Kindle Unlimited and why r me is not an option

600,000 books … Wow! That sounds like a lot and it is certainly more than I will read in the next 50 years. But it is not only the question of how many books you read, but if the right people are available. In the United States, approximately 2.7 million books on Amazon are available. If you do this only once, then the 600k are not so impressive, after all, it’s not even a quarter of available books on Amazon. Note: The competitors of Kindle Unlimited, Oyster and Scribd, come with about 500k and 450k books on some less choice

Whether Kindle Unlimited for someone is useful or not, depends on the personal reading habits. For my test, the offer I’m in my last year of books by gone times. Maybe I read 8-10 books a year. Mostly novels, but also a non-fiction book here and there. In concrete terms: These books I bought last year (prices are as of July 20, 2014, amazon.com):

Ronnie O’Sullivan – Running – $ 5.99 – N / A
Ernest Hemingway – The Sun Also Rises – $ 8.06 – N / A
Tom Rachman – The Imperfectionists – $ 7.99 – N / A
Khaled Hosseini – And the Mountains Echoed – 7.50 $ – N / A
Sara Gruen – Water for Elephants – $ 8.52 – Available
Daniel Kahneman – Thinking, Fast and Slow – $ 2.99 – N / A
Michael Frayn – Skios – 8.89 $ – N / A
Mark Watson – Eleven – $ 9.73 – N / A
Simon Winchester – The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary – 9, $ 99 – N / A

The average price of my books on the Kindle is U.S. $ 7.74. So I would come out with 69.66 per year. I had paid just under 120 Da says the economist in me (and my three year old niece): No

Much Important: There are indeed 600k titles on Kindle Unlimited available, but of my 9 books ordered just one. For me, the offer is mainly characterized completely unusable. According to the Washington Post is looking for the top 5 of the NYTimes bestseller novels at Unlimited also vain. In the three books I’ve just on my to-read list, is 2-1 for not available. Once I had completed Unlimited and the first book that I find interesting is not it, I would grumble, then announce in the second stud. Imagine that I would of 9 albums not available on Spotify 8. Here, too, a: No !!

Conclusion:. For my unfortunately very unausgeprägtes reading habits a bad deal, nor Kindle Unlimited and I have no friends

Kindle Ad Buy In Review: Kindle Unlimited and why the Amazon Flatrate f & # xFC r me is not an option

Kindle Unlimited to use the way you need a Kindle, but can call on the iPhone or Mac via the app, for example. Generally I find the Kindle a great deal, only the “flat rate” offer is not for me.

Here you find all available at Amazon Kindles at a glance.

What do you think ? Are your reading habits different from mine? Would you Unlimited Kindle Book for the equivalent of 7.49 euros? How high the price in DE is then actually be – if it ever gets that far here, with book prices and so on – is not clear. Amazon said:. Stay tuned

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment